Saturday, July 18, 2009

Boys and a Laptop

Here is something I shot this week playing with some new off camera strobes. They are both 580 EXIIs. The one lighting their faces is bouncing off the laptop screen. I didn't have a blue gel handy (ok I lost it) so I used a notebook my wife had that is blue and leaned it against the screen to give the blue cast to their faces. Of course I didn't tell her until after I used it which I highly recommend. You know this time it's a notebook, next time it's some jewelry...

The light on the front of the laptop is shot through a snoot at about 10 o'clock.

I had seen something like this on http://strobist.blogspot.com and wanted to give it a try. The hardest part of the photo was keeping the boys interested for me to get a decent number of frames fired off but they were pretty good about it all in all.


No comments:

Post a Comment